BDA is currently providing services to over 4000 practitioners at all times via our current list of client engagements. We have engaged large national chains where we worked on-site at over 250 facilities nationwide. We currently are engaged with large multi-hospital systems, critical care hospitals, multi-specialty practices, occupational health providers, urgent care clinics and behavioral health clinics.
BDA staff are experts in healthcare management, documentation, coding and reimbursement. Additionally, BDA employs a 2009-2011 AAPC National Advisory Board Member, several past Indianapolis Local Chapter of the AAPC Presidents. In addition our regional directors are nationally and regionally known speakers. BDA’s certified coders are generally double certified. The types of certifications held by BDA staff are:
- CCS Certified Coding Specialist
- CCS-P Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based
- CPC Certified Professional Coder
- CEDC Certified Emergency Department Coder
- CPC-EM Certified Professional Coder – Evaluation and Management
- CPC-FP Certified Professional Coder – Family Practice
- CPC-H Certified Professional Coder – Hospital
- RN Registered Nurse
- CMPE Certified Medical Practice Executive
- CEMC Certified Evaluation and Management Coder
- CPCD Certified Professional Coder in Dermatology
Each credential is obtained through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Healthcare Information Management Association (AHIMA). BDA staff are required to be certified and maintain their credentials. This is monitored on an ongoing basis.
BDA has enjoyed the benefit of a high level of retention. Specifically, its certified coders have an average employment of approximately seven (7) years with the company. BDA prides itself in hiring individuals that are leaders in the industry, who possess not only technical skills, but have practice management experience and credentials in training and speaking.