Who We Are
We’re BDA – Bill Dunbar and Associates, LLC. Since 1988 we have helped healthcare providers to improve their clinical documentation and compliance capabilities.
Our focus emphasizes medical documentation, coding, and reimbursement. We’re proud of our track record of success in improving the overall reimbursement process for our clients, who see an average increase in net revenue per patient visit of between 12 and 20 percent.
Enhanced documentation, coding, and billing processes, in turn, can result in improved compliance. We work closely with clients to eliminate the exposures and errors that can harm their practices.
Our vision is based upon becoming the most trusted company in our field. With every project and engagement we pledge to consistently:
- We customize. Our tools and solutions are tailored to your needs, based on what you tell us. We understand that you want to leverage your existing resources. We work with you to optimize what already works and improve upon what doesn’t.
- We simplify. Your world is complex enough already. We help you break down this complexity so you and your staff can adopt successful, consistent, and compliant processes and practices that assures accurate risk acuity is captured for all patients.
- We stay current. We have helped thousands of professionals to thrive in fast-changing healthcare business environments. Whether you’re upgrading to ICD-10 coding or switching to an entirely new business model, we’ve got the resources to support you. As we move to value based reimbursement, the BDA model is designed to navigate you through the gap between fee-for-service reimbursement and risk-based reimbursement.
- We educate. We simultaneously train at every level of your organization, using a vertical model that reduces communication breakdowns among departments. And we don’t just stand in the front of the room with a cookie-cutter presentation. We listen and we explain until you and your staff are comfortable in your understanding.
- We streamline processes by introducing best practices that will improve your documentation to support risk acuity and grow compliance.
Ultimately, our success will be defined by the satisfied clients who use us year after year.